Backache is something you can’t ignore or wait to resolve on its own. Most of the people suffer from back ache that stabs the back after the effect of some underlying damage to the ligaments or muscles. It may be due to a physical injury or medical condition. There’s around 84% of chance that you will develop lower back pain once in your life time. But don’t worry! Here we have listed some important home remedies which give you quick relief from the pain and allow you to enjoy life again.
Causes of backache
Backache may occur due to any damage or injury to the muscles, ligaments or discs of your back. The damage may be for many other reasons also, such as improper diet, lack of physical activity, arthritis, poor sitting posture, pregnancy or even excessive physical labor.
Ginger with its anti-inflammatory compounds can give you relief from backache. You just need to make a paste of ginger and apply it on the affected area, followed by eucalyptus oil.
- You can also prepare and drink ginger tea 2 or 3 times a day until you see the improvements. Boil 4 to 6 thin slices of ginger root for 10 to 15 minutes and cool it to room temperature and strain it. You can add some honey to it if you need a flavour.
- Make herbal tea with one-half teaspoon of cloves one-half tea spoon of black pepper corns, and one teaspoon of ginger powder.
Basil leaves have some important oils of eugenol, citronellol and linalool. The anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties of these oils can be used to treat backache.
- With one cup of water add 8 to 10 basil leaves and boil it until the water evaporates to half. Then cool it to room temperature and a pinch of salt.
- If you have a mild pain, drink this concoction daily and if you suffer from a severe pain, drink it twice daily.
Garlic is known for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties due to the presence of components like selenium and capsaicin. The presence of these components helps in treating backache.
- Prepare garlic oil by low heating coconut oil, mustard oil or sesame oil. Then add some 8 to 10 cloves of garlic to it. Fry it until it turns brown and then cool it to room temperature.
- Strain the oil and massage your back with it. After some times, take a bath in warm water.
Wheat compounds also have analgesic property that can help to minimize pain. Soak a handful of wheat in water at night and in the morning, mix it with cuscus grass powder and coriander. Add one cup of milk to it and boil it for a few minutes until it thickens. Drink the mixture twice daily for fast results.
Some studies have found that fenugreek is helpful in relieving pain due to its natural anti-inflammatory properties.
- Take 1 tea spoon of fenugreek powder and mix it with a glass of hot milk. Consume this once every night for better results. You can also add honey for flavour.
You can help your muscles relax and relieve pain by massaging with herbal oils. There are a lot of herbal oils you can get in the market such as eucalyptus oil, almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil. For better results boil the oil till it becomes warm and massage it gently over the aching area.
Above mentioned are some of the best home remedies which are a worth to try. It is better to go with home remedies than those painkillers which are severe to your health. Also, these medicines may have side effects in the long run. MITVANA STORES provide herbal products and Ayurvedic medicines which you can buy from their E-commerce portal. These products are 100% Herbal and Ayurvedic, which are free from chemicals and will not cause any side effects. Know more about their products @ www.mitvanastores.com