Headaches are a common situation that many people deal with on a daily basis. They can distort your day-to-day life. There are several different types of headaches, among them; tension headaches are the most common. Cluster headaches are painful and happen when you’re among a large crowd of people. While migraines are a moderate level of headache. Many medications are available for relieving headache.
Here are some of the top home remedies for a headache.
Ginger can help to reduce inflammation of the blood vessels in the head as it contains more than 200 substances in its oils with anti-inflammatory, anti-nausea, and antihistamine actions which reduces headache.
- Take an equal ratio of ginger juice and lemon juice and mix it well. Drink it once or twice a day.
- You can chew one or two pieces of crystallized ginger candy which are available in the market.
2. Mint Juice
Menthol is the basic components of mint which are very effective in relieving headaches.
- Extract mint juice from mint leaf and apply it on the forehead and leave it for few minutes to treat a headache.
- Along with mint juice, you can also add coriander juice which is also an effective treatment for headaches.
3. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint holds the menthol that helps open up the clogged blood vessels which are the main reason for headaches. It also has the property of calming and soothing the body.
- Mix few drops of peppermint essential oil with one tablespoon of almond oil or just water. Massage your forehead with that mixture which can reduce your headache
- Add few drops of peppermint oil to water and boil it and Inhale the steam for a few minutes.
Basil acts as a muscle relaxant;It has the property of calming the muscles and has analgesic effects. So it is very helpful in the treatment of mild headaches caused by tense muscles.
- Boil few fresh basil leaves with a cup of water for few minutes. Add a little honey and drink it as tea.
- Chew 3 or 4 fresh basil leaves or massage your forehead with basil oil, which will reduce the headache.
Read Also – Best Natural Home Remedies for Cough
5. Lavender Oil
Simply smell lavender essential oil as it helps in relieving tension & headaches. Research says that it can also help improve migraine symptoms.
- Put 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil on a tissue and inhale it. You can also inhale the steam mixed with lavender essential oil.
- Another way is to mix few drops of lavender essential oil with a tablespoon of almond oil and massage your forehead with it.
6. Ice Pack
It helps reduce inflammation that causes headaches. And it has a numbing effect on the pain.
- Putting an ice pack on the back of your neck can help to reduce a migraine headache.
- you can use a bag of frozen vegetables as a cold compressor. Within few minutes you will feel some relief from a headache.
Cloves are good medicine for a headache because it has cooling and pain-relieving properties.
- Crush a few cloves gently and put it in a clean tissue or cloth. Inhale the smell of it whenever you feel a headache, to get some relief from the pain.
- You can also mix few drops of coconut oil, one teaspoon of sea salt and few drops of clove oil and apply this mixture gently on your forehead to get relief from a headache.
Apples and apple cider vinegar have a property of balancing the acidic level of the body.
- Eat an apple with some salt combination which helps to relieve a headache.
- You can also add three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink it. It helps to reduce a headache.
Instead of using the commercial medicines to cure your headache, go with natural remedies with no side effects. Natural remedies not only cure your headache problem, it is also helpful for your health, and also has the benefits for your skin. With the natural remedies you can go for the ayurvedic medicines, which are a safer way to treat all kinds of health problems, as they are organic and made with naturally available herbs.
MITVANA STORES is the one of online store which is offering all kinds of ayurvedic medicine online with doorstep free delivery. Use DOLOR Balm which reduces headache caused due to cold & running nose, air pollution, tension & stress, lack of sleep, swelling / inflammation and sinus. To know more about the products available in MITVANA STORES visit www.mitvanastores.com